1. apologize to sb. for sth. / make an apology to sb. for sth. 因某事向某人道歉
2. convey/express/give/issue/offer one’sapology to sb. 向某人道歉
3. say sorry to 向……说对不起
4. accept my apology 接受我的道歉
5. have no intention to do sth. 并非故意做某事
6. cause you much trouble 给你带来许多麻烦
7. cause you inconvenience给你带来不便
8. be to blame应当受到责备
9. make up for 弥补；赔偿
10. forgive sb. for sth.为某事原谅某人
11. never let it happen again下不为例
12. fix another time for…安排另外一个时间
13. consider my situation考虑我的情况
1. I’m awfully sorry to tell you that I won’t be able to attend the lecture on the British literature this Sunday morning. Now I’m writing to express my deepest apology to you. 我很抱歉地告诉你这个星期天早上我不能参加关于英国文学的讲座了。现在我写信是为了向你表达我最深的歉意。
2. I am awfully/excessively sorry to tell you that I have lost the book I borrowed from you. Now I'm expressing my deepest apology for my carelessness. 我非常抱歉地告诉你，我把从你那里借来的书丢了。现在我对我的粗心表示最深的歉意。
3. I feel terribly sorry that I cannot go to Yunnan in July with you as planned.我感到非常抱歉，我不能按照计划在七月和你一起去云南。
4. I’m awfully sorry for the sudden change of plan and feel it a great pity to miss the opportunity. 对突然的改变我感到十分抱歉，对错过这个机会感到很可惜。
1. The reason is that my left foot was injured. I fell off my bike yesterday when I was on my way to school, and the doctor insisted that I should stay in bed for at least two weeks.
2. The reason why I will fail to go there for our appointment is that I have to attend a family get-together tomorrow when my cousin Peter will return home from Beijing
3. My grandfather, who is in his 70s, fell on the ground suddenly while having a shower yesterday. He was so seriously injured that he was sent to hospital at once. Now he is receiving treatment and I must look after him.
4. The reason why I didn’t finish the book report on time is that I suddenly fell ill last Friday morning. My parents sent me to hospital and I had to stay there for the next three days. Therefore, there was not enough time for me to finish the homework.
5. Just now, my cousin, Li Ying, who went abroad for further education last year, informed me that she would return the next Friday morning. She asked me to pick her up at the airport.
6. However, I caught a bad cold and had a high fever, which made me have a headache and sleep all day. So bad did I feel that I couldn’t do my homework in time.
1. Can I suggest that we put it off until early August? 我能建议我们把它推迟到八月初吗？
2. Is it possible for us to rearrange the time to watch the movie? 我们能重新安排看电影的时间吗？
3. Feeling awfully sorry, I have bought a new book to make up for my fault. 感到非常抱歉，我买了一本新书来弥补我的过错。
1. I sincerely hope you can understand my situation and accept my apology.真诚希望你能理解我的处境，并接受我的道歉。
2. I hope that you will understand and forgive me.我希望您可以理解并原谅我。
3. I sincerely apologize again for my mistake. 我再次为我的错误真诚地道歉。
4. I apologize again for any inconvenience or trouble that might have been caused by my carelessness. Definitely, such a thing will never happen again.我再次为我的粗心大意可能造成的不便或麻烦道歉。当然，这样的事情再也不会发生了。
5. I sincerely hope that you will be able to think in my position and accept my apology from the bottom of heart. 我衷心希望你能站在我的立场上思考，接受我发自内心的道歉。
6. Once again I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. 对于造成的不便我再次表示歉意。
7. I am truly sorry for what I did and hope you can accept my sincere apology.我为我所做的真的很抱歉，希望你能接受我真诚的道歉。